cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

How to make and schedule backup tasks for MySQL Databases

Has NSS 322 this functionality? If not, are there any packages to do dat? I can´t see the folders that contain MySQL Databases, so I can´t backup them.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

5 REPLIES 5
Participant

Re: How to make and schedule backup tasks for MySQL Databases

Javier,

You can do some database management including exporting from the phpMyAdmin application that is pre-installed on your Smart Storage device.  There is no web gui feature for scheduled backup, but you should be able to script this through the CLI.  You can search the phpMyAdmin website for additional support on trying to script a scheduled backup solution.

Beginner

Many thanks for your answer. Are MySQL folders visible? If yes, where? Can we use "Remote replication" to backup that folders? Many thanks in advance again.

Participant

All of the MySQL databases are visable within the phpMyAdmin application.  phpMyAdmin can export, import, manage the databases directly.

To use the remote replication feature from the GUI, you need the databases visible in a share.  I'm sure that is possible through the CLI, but I'm not able to tell you how to do it.  Maybe someone else on the forum can help provide a solution.

You can also use the rsync command in the CLI directly.

Did you find any ideas on the phpMyAdmin website?  This must be a common task that someone has worked out a solution for.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

This is a great bash script to make, rotate... daily/week/monthly MySQL backup: http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/files/

I'm using it on Linux server and haven't tried run it on NSS3xx NAS storage yet but I think there shouldn't be any problem (mysqldump and other binaries are already installed on NSS).

After the backup completes you just need to sync backup directory to secondary location (with rsync) as mentioned in previous post.

Participant

Jernej,

Thanks for the post.  So many knowledgable people in the community.  Great to share information.