cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Announcement“Cisco Design Thinking Workshop”. Cisco Small Business is excited to invite its Silicon Valley customers to an exclusive interactive one-day session between customers and product Managers.  If you are interested in this exclusive workshop, please fill out the Registration Form. For more information, please check out our FAQ

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I lost all of my shares in nss3000 - no backup!

Hello -

I have a nss3000 -

Serial Number7T600J500245
Firmware Version1.21.0 (Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:27:40 +0000)

Here is my problem - I cannot access any data on the device - looks like all shares are gone, but the RAID and volume look ok - How can I get the data ?

Drives4
RAID Arrays1
Volumes1
Total Configured Capacity5.45 TB
Percent Used25%

Here are my harddrives -

SATA1WDC WD20EARS-00S1.81 TBPASSEDOnline
SATA2WDC WD20EARS-00M1.81 TBPASSEDOnline
SATA3WDC WD20EARS-00S1.81 TBPASSEDOnline
SATA4WDC WD20EARS-00S1.81 TBPASSEDOnline

RAID Arrays
LabelRAID LevelSpareSizeStatus
RAIDBraid5No5.45 TBClean

Volumes
VolumeLocationTotal SpaceUsed SpaceAvailable Space% UsedEncryptedLocked
SHAREDRAIDB5.45 TB1.34 TB4.10 TB25%No-

I have no shares anymore - I used to have like 4 or 5 shares (music, data, applications, photos,etc)

File Shares
ShareLocationCommentProtocolAction
No Shares Defined

Please HELP!  My wife will Kill me if I cannot retrieve data (marriage pics, kids photos, etc)

Everyone's tags (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Beginner

Hi Frank,

I’m sorry to hear that you have lost your shares.  I would try and recreate the shared folder names on the NSS to see if this would give you access to the missing data.  There is a chance that this may not work and therefore more advanced techniques would be needed to try and retrieve the data.  There is also a chance that when making changes to the NSS at this point (such as creating a replacement shared folder) that you will not be able to recover the data.  Please proceed cautiously.  If there is a way for you to back up the hard drives on the NSS at this point I would definitely recommend it before trying to recover the folders.

Thank you, 

Jason NIckle

Beginner

I cannot recreate any shares as I get this error -

No space left on volume to create share

Any other ideas?

Beginner

Hi Frank,

I am having a very similar problem on my NSS6000 today.   All shares on one of my locked volumes have disappeared after a shutdown and reboot.  Still trying to get it to work and hoping I don't have to rebuild.

The thing is, for your peace of mind, that if your remove the drives from the NSS and mount them onto a Linux machine, you will most likely find that all your files are there.  If you have made a single volume raid across all hard drives, it might get a bit tricky to mount, but it can be done as long as your harddrives are healthy.

As for my problem.  Anyone out there that could help with a nice easy fix?  :/

Thanks.

Beginner

Where you able to fix the problem?

Beginner