cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

I lost all of my shares in nss3000 - no backup!

Hello -

I have a nss3000 -

Serial Number7T600J500245
Firmware Version1.21.0 (Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:27:40 +0000)

Here is my problem - I cannot access any data on the device - looks like all shares are gone, but the RAID and volume look ok - How can I get the data ?

Drives4
RAID Arrays1
Volumes1
Total Configured Capacity5.45 TB
Percent Used25%

Here are my harddrives -

SATA1WDC WD20EARS-00S1.81 TBPASSEDOnline
SATA2WDC WD20EARS-00M1.81 TBPASSEDOnline
SATA3WDC WD20EARS-00S1.81 TBPASSEDOnline
SATA4WDC WD20EARS-00S1.81 TBPASSEDOnline

RAID Arrays
LabelRAID LevelSpareSizeStatus
RAIDBraid5No5.45 TBClean

Volumes
VolumeLocationTotal SpaceUsed SpaceAvailable Space% UsedEncryptedLocked
SHAREDRAIDB5.45 TB1.34 TB4.10 TB25%No-

I have no shares anymore - I used to have like 4 or 5 shares (music, data, applications, photos,etc)

File Shares
ShareLocationCommentProtocolAction
No Shares Defined

Please HELP!  My wife will Kill me if I cannot retrieve data (marriage pics, kids photos, etc)

Everyone's tags (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Beginner

Hi Frank,

I’m sorry to hear that you have lost your shares.  I would try and recreate the shared folder names on the NSS to see if this would give you access to the missing data.  There is a chance that this may not work and therefore more advanced techniques would be needed to try and retrieve the data.  There is also a chance that when making changes to the NSS at this point (such as creating a replacement shared folder) that you will not be able to recover the data.  Please proceed cautiously.  If there is a way for you to back up the hard drives on the NSS at this point I would definitely recommend it before trying to recover the folders.

Thank you, 

Jason NIckle

Beginner

I cannot recreate any shares as I get this error -

No space left on volume to create share

Any other ideas?

Beginner

Hi Frank,

I am having a very similar problem on my NSS6000 today.   All shares on one of my locked volumes have disappeared after a shutdown and reboot.  Still trying to get it to work and hoping I don't have to rebuild.

The thing is, for your peace of mind, that if your remove the drives from the NSS and mount them onto a Linux machine, you will most likely find that all your files are there.  If you have made a single volume raid across all hard drives, it might get a bit tricky to mount, but it can be done as long as your harddrives are healthy.

As for my problem.  Anyone out there that could help with a nice easy fix?  :/

Thanks.

Highlighted
Beginner

Where you able to fix the problem?

Beginner