cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Network Overhall Help

Can you point me in the right direction??

My current network hardware and applications are due for an upgrade and I am wondering if the Cisco hardware software are a match to our needs. 

We are small business with two separate office locations and 5 contractors who work on the road at different locations.

Current hardware is a QNAP NAS, IP surveillance cameras with separate nvr that is accessed through router.

Office 1 branch We have just switched over to Telstra NBN HFC in which they have provided a modem/ router that has a sim card installed for backup. We have not setup nor use this modem. We are still using an ASUS RTAC87U router that is connected to an Arris CM8200 and as a result have no VOIP functionality and have to use  mobiles for communications.

We have an IPVanish account for VPN.

We have a mixture of windows, apple and android products that are used. Devices used by contractors are their own.

Wish list Requirements are:

Office 1  Main Office

We have Ethernet point wall sockets through most the office so would prefer cable connections for the modem router nas and pcs.

To have a Network which includes:

1. Internal network (Administrator) with unrestricted access, both ethernet and wifi to all devices and peripherals ie scanner printer nas with its own IP address eg 192.168.1.1

2. Internal Camera network with both ethernet and wifi  own IP address eg 192.168.1.1

3. Internal network (Restricted User Network Login) both ethernet and wifi with limited access to devices, peripherals, applications website whitelist/blacklist not by categories within the devices. Thinking either captive portal access, active directory but a network level something more robust than MDM. Own IP address eg 192.168.2.1

4. Remote Network (Restricted Contractor User Login) In so that contractors can upload or access required files from specific NAS only own IP address eg 10.0.0.1

Office 2 -

Current hardware - Telstra NBN HFC in which they have provided a modem/ router that has a sim card installed for backup. that is connected to an Arris CM8200.

To have a Network which includes:

5. Internal Camera network with both ethernet and wifi  that can be also be accessed remotely own IP address eg 192.168.1.1

6.Remote network to Office 1 (Restricted User Network Login)  with limited access to devices, peripherals, applications website whitelist/blacklist not by categories within the devices. Thinking either captive portal access, active directory but a network level something more robust than MDM. Own IP address 

7. Remote Network to Office 1(Restricted Contractor User Login) In so that contractors can upload or access required files from specific NAS only own IP address eg 

Hardware with GUI capability, easy to use applications interface and allow remote online support if required.

I am assuming we need a modem router, firewall and switch (maybe 24 ports for future peripherals). Applications UTM??

I have contacted some IT stores but feel like I am being pushed into products and or needs are not being met. Just after unbiased help.

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Cisco Employee

Re: Network Overhall Help

RV340 routers for UTM and Anyconnect SSL remote access and IPSEC between sites.

SG350-28P switches for PoE for cameras and access points ( SG350X if you want to conenct 10Gig to NAS )

WAP581 for WiFi ( WiFi5 )

The SG350 runs a little management probe so you can manage both sites from a single management platform. FindIT Network Manager ( a free software you can use on a PC, Server, AWS to manage your networks). It is free but when you have more than 10 network devices it will cost per device.

All of it you can buy from an online etailer or from a Cisco reseller.

It will come with lifetime hardware warranty and 1 year telephone tech support. Of course you can also post questions here.

www.cisco.com/go/rv340

www.cisco.com/go/wap581

www.cisco.com/go/FindIT

www.cisco.com/go/350switches

Jo

Beginner

Hey Jo

Thanks so much for your reply and your suggestions. Ill be doing lots of reading today!!

Cisco Employee

AFAIK we have not tested RV340 with IPVanish. If you are willing to test it out I can provide a router for free to you.

Jo