cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest Cisco news in this December issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

NSS 322 User Experience: Compatible Hard Drives with NAS

Hi All,

I know there is a compatibility list for the Cisco NAS devices but I wanted to know from personal experience which hard drives are working well with RAID 1 configuration. When reading more about some of the compatible drives, I'm seeing some poor reviews about the drives themselves. Obviously there are the RE drives but are there any desktop/consumer drives that have worked well for anyone?

The NAS is being used as a web, ftp, media, mysql server and storage of personal media/documents. I'm looking for 2x 2TB HDDs for a NSS 322 but are these drives not stable enough yet? Should I get a 1.5TB HDD instead? Also, would it be better to just set up a single disk with the 2nd disk as a scheduled backup to reduce wear on the HDD?

Thanks,

Rob

1 REPLY 1
Frequent Contributor

Re: NSS 322 User Experience: Compatible Hard Drives with NAS

I am currently running the 1TB WD Blue drives and haven't had any troubles.You should havent' any trouble running Raid 1. I would keep the raid 1 between the drives. The 2TB drives should be stable for your application.

Jason Bryant,

Cisco Support Engineer