cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

NSS 324 can't allocate free space to iSCSI target

We have an NSS 324 on RAID5 for a total of 6TB of space.  I had set up an iSCSI target to use with our backup device to perform monthly copies of our backup store, but this month it failed.  I discovered that the firmware was not up to date, so I updated it to 1.5, which is current, but the iSCSI target was still coming back as "Aborted".  Failing to find a better solution, I deleted and am trying to re-create the iSCSI target, but it won't let me allocate the space now. I had allocated 2000GB to the target before; my RAID5 volume has 2170GB free, and when I attempt to set up the new target, it says I have 169GB free.  I'm guessing that what happened is that the space allocated for the previous iSCSI target was never released, but I have no idea how to determine if that's true, or what to do about it.  Can anyone shed some light on the matter for me?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Beginner

NSS 324 can't allocate free space to iSCSI target

Never mind - I figured it out.  There was still a LUN left over from the original iSCSI target (why I couldn't see it before, I don't know).  I deleted that and now it will allow me to allocate the 2000GB to a new target/LUN.