cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

NSS3000 Very slow network, Drops connection

I am working with an NSS3000 that has some major network issues.  The device is on  a 100mb network.  Copying a 4mb zip file takes over a minute.  If you try to extract the zip file from the share to anywhere on the device it runs for about 5 minutes and errors out saying that they drive may be full.  I have checked all of the network settings (of which there aren't very many) and am stuck.  I have upgraded the firmware to 1.20.1.  Replaced network cables, tried different ports, and adjusted the MTU.

The only network service we use on the box is CIFS.

I connect to the device with an XP Pro machine.

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Frequent Contributor

Re: NSS3000 Very slow network, Drops connection

Tom,

Just a few questions, how long has the NSS been in production? Was this working fine the all of a sudden becoming slow? Of course a 4Mb file should be instant. I have tested this is a lab and with no problems just now. What does your topology look like, what device models is in your network, like switch , router , etc. You said you tried to plug into different ports, question which ports and on what device? Did you plug into a different device like the router if NSS was plugged into a switch. Tried to give a little more details so we could have a better picture and idea? Also look into the NSS to make sure the hard drives are not having any errors (read/write errors). Also since you might be doing alot of configuration changes i would recommend backing up all data on NSS device if you haven't already done so.

Thanks,

Jason Bryant