cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest Cisco news in this December issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Problems with iSCSI Administration on the NSS

I've been having an issue where just about every single thing runs fine on my NSS322 other than being able to perform iSCSI admin tasks.  When I try to bring up the iSCSI menu it just hangs at a "Loading data, please wait....".  Anyone else run into this behavior?  The unit's been setup for some time now and iSCSI target access is great... just can't make any new changes, etc....

Everyone's tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Contributor

Dale,

I haven't seen this issue with any boxes. Seems there is a problem in your configuration causes this to freeze. I have seen similar issue with the Mozy backup tab on the smart storages. I know with later firmware we did update the ISCSI version. This was done in FW 1.3.x.

I would make sure you have your data backed up in another location. Of course for disaster recovery it's not good to have all data in one storage point, minimum two locations. Any time making major changes it's a small chance to cause a big disaster like losing all your data or corrupting the NSS but a small % is enough to be cautious.

I would make sure you are running latest firmware. 1.4. x. How I would upgrade is incremental so 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 to 1.3.0 to 1.4.0 i have seen very little problem by upgrading incremental. Some customers have reported issue when jumping from 1.0.0 to 1.4.0.

After NSS is running latest firmware make screen shots of all your (SHARES) and any other valuable configuration.

Now you can back up the configuration to your local computer from NSS under administration tab, for a secondary precaution.

Now we are going to hold the 10 second reset button on the back of the NSS, this will delete the configuration of smart storage. I have done this many times; this shouldn’t mess with your RAID/Volume.

Once you log into smart storage it all settings will be defaulted, now you should manually start adding configuration back; go under share tab start recreating your shares, the share name has to exact.

You will see all data come back into share. You can go ahead and test to make sure you can get to your ISCSI tab, and then finish all settings.

If you have further trouble then you can give the Cisco Small Business Support Center a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case.

Thanks

Jason

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

Rising star

Dale,

This sounds like a browser issue. Have you tried accessing the iSCSI settings from a different PC or using a different browser? I have seen some issues accessing SMB devices lately, especially with IE9. I have used Chrome mostly with the NSS300 series and it seems to work well.

Beginner

I have tried from multiple browsers as well as multiple platforms.  I am leaning towards jasbryan's recommendations above based solely on the idea that I've been in the business long enough to know that some times, even though something looks 100%, there can be some untold setting or config somewhere that keeps it from working just the way it should.  I am doing some work on moving some data around and such, and then I'm taking the configuration reset advice to heart and going to re-provision some things anyway. 

Frequent Contributor

Dale,

Let me know after you complete these steps and if you run into trouble or need assistance you can give us a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and we can open support case when you start trouble shooting.

Thanks,

Jason

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.