cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

unable to login cisco NSS 322

Hi,

We recently installed the smart storage nss322 and update the firmware to latest version (NSS322_FW_1.4.0.7).

Was configured with static IP network adress, network load balancing (with the second NIC), SSL access, was joined to domain, connected to AD for user access control to folders and only the sharing service was active, the rest is disabled (web, ftp, etc), basically because we use it to backup the network data. The rest of options have the default basic configuration. The Storage is operating and we can access to it from the network, write, read and delete files. The IP is alive and we can pinging without problems.

Suddenly, we cannot login into storage using web browser secure port.

When enter to the login screen, and insert user and password for the administrator user, the storage always ask to change the password (with any user from NAS or AD).

Username:
Password:
Application:
Language:
SSL login
LOGIN

In the change password screen, we filled all the fields:

Change Password

To change your password, please fill out the form below:

Old Password
New Password
Verify New Password

and no matter the password that we write, we always receive the next message:

Update failed

Click "Go Back" to go back to the change password page.

And we cannot enter to administration panel.

So someone can help us?

Regards for all that want help us.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor

Patrico,

You are logging in with the local admin user account correct? NOT a domain user?

You can hold the reset button on the back of the unit for 3 second 1 beep and this will reset the NiC properties and admin user name and password.

If you need assistance getting back into your device you can give us a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case.

thanks,
Jasbryan

Beginner

Patrico,

I like to add more details into this area. You can do as jason recommended to recovery the local administration password. However, there are two screen I can described as follow:

1. NSS Login screen: The NSS GUI only allowed the local account with admistration privilege to access and manage NAS's GUI. AD or NIS administration privilege is not as same as the local account. These account are not allowed to access the NSS GUI.  There are two conditions that user will observed with login.

a. Invalid user account (username is no match with database): there is no account under that username in the database for local account, AD domain, or NIS domain. The GUI screen will give user the error message (red text above the username field)

b. Valid user account: any user account with administration privilege for local account can access to the NAS GUI. Any user account came from AD and NIS domain, included administration privilege in the domain, will redirected to the changed password screen.

2. Screen to change to a new password:

- This screen only changed the password for local user. The concept is for any user who access to the share/folder with their own password.

- Any user account imported from AD or NIS server will failed to change to new password due to another level of security at the main AD or NIS server. In this case, it required the IT person to change the password at the server location.

Bottom line, the screen to change to a new password is intended for local user who wanted a new password for access folders/shares via FTP, Samba, NFS for that user account.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

-Clint

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Contributor

Patrico,

You are logging in with the local admin user account correct? NOT a domain user?

You can hold the reset button on the back of the unit for 3 second 1 beep and this will reset the NiC properties and admin user name and password.

If you need assistance getting back into your device you can give us a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case.

thanks,
Jasbryan

Beginner

Thaks to both (Jason and Clint).

I don't need to do any procedure, thank to the clues that you give me.

I'd configured the NAS to 1 month ago, and sended it to south of Chile (i am in santiago).

So I can not remember that the NAS administrator user is "admin" and I has been using the domain administrator user, not the NAS admin user. Now I  can enter without problem with the correct local admin user.

Thanks a lot for your quickly help.

Regards.

Patricio.

Beginner

Patrico,

I like to add more details into this area. You can do as jason recommended to recovery the local administration password. However, there are two screen I can described as follow:

1. NSS Login screen: The NSS GUI only allowed the local account with admistration privilege to access and manage NAS's GUI. AD or NIS administration privilege is not as same as the local account. These account are not allowed to access the NSS GUI.  There are two conditions that user will observed with login.

a. Invalid user account (username is no match with database): there is no account under that username in the database for local account, AD domain, or NIS domain. The GUI screen will give user the error message (red text above the username field)

b. Valid user account: any user account with administration privilege for local account can access to the NAS GUI. Any user account came from AD and NIS domain, included administration privilege in the domain, will redirected to the changed password screen.

2. Screen to change to a new password:

- This screen only changed the password for local user. The concept is for any user who access to the share/folder with their own password.

- Any user account imported from AD or NIS server will failed to change to new password due to another level of security at the main AD or NIS server. In this case, it required the IT person to change the password at the server location.

Bottom line, the screen to change to a new password is intended for local user who wanted a new password for access folders/shares via FTP, Samba, NFS for that user account.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

-Clint