Views
Helpful
Replies

4G LTE USB modem support available on Cisco SMB

dariogustin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

Is there a equipment, product, or appliance with support of 4G USB modem connection in which I would be able to attach Ethernet devices like PCs, APs, or any other RJ45 Ethernet connector device?

I'm working in a Cisco Digital Media Solution. I have 44 remote sites (DMPs) in different networks, each site needs to connect with the main Server so I need to establish a VPN from each site to the Headquarters. The problem is that I'm only able to connect each site via 4G USB modem because it´s needed the mobility feature, so I'm looking for a device or equipment which allow me to receive the 4G USB Modem, convert it to a RJ45 Ethernet connection and also support VPN connections.

Do you know any solution?

regards

1 Reply 1

joroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello darioqustin,

I believe the device that will solve your issue is the RV320 Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router.

It has the following features which will help in your situation:

• Dual USB ports support a 3G/4G modem or flash drive. The WAN can also fail over to the 3G/4G modem connected to the USB port.
  • Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 ports
  • One 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 Internet (WAN) port
  • One 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 DMZ/Internet (WAN) port

Here is a link to the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps10907/ps9923/ps11997/data_sheet_c78-726132_ps9923_Products_Data_Sheet.html

I hope this helps solve your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: