cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

527w with IPoE

paul
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The 527w does not support IPoE which is required for (iinet) NBN connection.

Is it possible to add IPoE into the 527w Router?

6 Replies 6

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you be more specific about what functionality you think is required?  I am aware of SRP527Ws that are being used on iiNet NBN connections today.  Indeed, I set one up myself for a family member just this week.

Cheers,

Dave.

I have been in contact with iint who have informed me that IPoE is requied for authentication to pass through the router. Unfortunatley they didnt have any more specifics to offer. They did suggest that the 527w could be reconfigured to inclued this protocol.

Have you actually connected the router and found it would not work?  My experience so far with NBN connections - admittedly not that extensive - is that there is no authentication done at all unless the provider chooses to run PPPoE over the NBN service.  The IPoE connections I have come across have all been effectively authenticated by the NBN infrastructure and no specific authentication required on the CPE.

The best bet here might be to try and get a three-way conversation going between us and iiNet.  You can email me at dharper@cisco.com if you want to do that.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave, had a chat with iinet and they appear happy to have a phone conversation.  I have been talking to Chris in the iinet Perth business team. Phone (Australia) 132 449. Any resolution on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards

Paul

velocycles.com.au

Hi Dave,

I have just resolved the issue with assistance from iinet.

DSL needed to be disabled in the admin area of the router and the connection set to DHCP.

Cheers

Paul

Indeed that is required.  The SRP527W is a single WAN device, so if you are using it for an ethernet service, the DSL port needs to be explicitly disabled.  Anyway, glad to hear it is all sorted.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: