Views
Helpful
Replies

About SA 520 firmware upgrade

A2LDS-60540
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have trying to update the firmware of SA520-K9, after the firmware update, the router diag led still lit, unable to do a reset factory using reset factory.

Do you know if it 's possible to reset the SA520 using usb port or do a reset factory when the button reset do nothing ?

Regards.

4 Replies 4

juliomar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Sebastien,

To perform a factory reset, please press and hold down the Reset button on the side of your SA520 for at least 10 seconds.  After 3 - 5 minutes, the SA should be reverted to a factory default.  In your state, wait over five minutes.  If the DIAG light still has not turned off after this, please perform this procedure a couple more times.

If after this the SA520 still is in state with DIAG LED on, then I advise you to try to get RMA process started.

A quick question from me to you is what was the initial firmware you upgraded from, and to which firmware image did you upgrade to?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Julio

Yes, if you uploaded to latest firmware 2.1.18 please let SA500 seat for

8 to 12 minutes after powering on and the diag light should go off. you

might see the LAN light go off as well, but this is normal behavior . Once

the lan light comes back on you should be able to access the unit.

Jason Bryant

Cisco Support Engineer

Hi all,

I have wait more than 30 minutes and the diag led still fit. The reset factory does not work anymore.

Cisco has processed an RMA for this one today.

Regards,

Sébastien DOS-SANTOS

baroso5520
Level 1
Level 1

Hi were can o download firmware?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: