cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Hiamakki1
Beginner

Access to RV130W from another wifi network

I bought RV130W to get access to my routers and some security system at home. I managed to configure the router and get it linked to dyndns account.

I tried to creat VPN configuration in my iPhone. The VPN connection to RV130W it works fine while am on phone data coverage as 3G or 4G but once I turn wireless on and try to link it to VPN from another wireless network it doesn't connect ,!! 

Am I missing anything???? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdobiac
Participant

Hello Hiamakki1,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  I am assuming you are connecting via PPTP correct?

Is your home network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 subnet, your local side of the router under your LAN settings?  If so I would recommend to change that as about 99% of home users are on that and this can cause your VPN not to connect.

Also I'd check your PPTP server pool, and typically I recommend not to have the pool as the same subnet as your local LAN.  (This way it will not confuse the router to by routing it locally).

What was the error that you received when you could not connect?

Did you attempt to connect from any other device and have the same result?

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdobiac
Participant

Hello Hiamakki1,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  I am assuming you are connecting via PPTP correct?

Is your home network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 subnet, your local side of the router under your LAN settings?  If so I would recommend to change that as about 99% of home users are on that and this can cause your VPN not to connect.

Also I'd check your PPTP server pool, and typically I recommend not to have the pool as the same subnet as your local LAN.  (This way it will not confuse the router to by routing it locally).

What was the error that you received when you could not connect?

Did you attempt to connect from any other device and have the same result?

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

View solution in original post

Yep 

after changing the IP address problem has been solved

best regards and thanks