cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Affordable IOS Small Business Router?

mallardnathan
Level 1
Level 1

I currrently have the RVS4000 and am looking at the RV180, but I'm having an issue with the RV180 supporting the Dynamic DNS service I need (see here). In that discussion, it seems what would be ideal for me is a router running IOS so I could customize the Dyanmic DNS client on there to fit my needs. However, is there any "affordable" router running IOS that's similar to the RV180 tailored to a small business without getting an overkill router?

Here's my basic needs:

• Router either compatible with DNS Made Easy's Dynamic DNS service OR has the ability to customize the Dynamic DNS client on there so I can adapt it for DNS Made Easy.
  • I DO NOT need wireless. We only need Ethernet/wired.
  • I prefer Gigabit Ethernet.
  • We're not currently using ProtectLink, so if it offers the ability for it, great, if not, fine.
  • We have our own VPN service and don't need to access the network remotely (just remote into one device using Dynamic DNS), so if it has built-in VPN, great, if not, fine.
  • I'd like IPS included. Our RVS4000 has it and I like this feature.
  • We're switching to cable broadband and VOIP through our cable company, so QoS should probably be included.

Any info would be much appreciated!

45 Replies 45

mallardnathan
Level 1
Level 1

It definitely helps. My Linux guy has some good ideas to pull this off.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App