cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Amazon VPC with RV042 on premise

bestibnu1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyone could help configure the RV042 vpn with amazon vpc i tried a lot but it has end up in failure.

11 Replies 11

tie0000011
Level 1
Level 1

If its  anything like the  RV325,  it  should  work.  Its  stock-standard IPSEC  with  SHA/DH2. Make sure  you set  the  MTU  appropriately.  If  you  have a  dynamic  IP  address  you  must  use  aggresive mode.

Hi, thanks for the reply now am able to establish VPN connection to the AWS VPC but still there is some IP issues that makes the RDP fails to initiate because the router wan IP is differs from the public IP, lets say

public IP  :           71.xx.xx.243 (wanip.info)

Router WAN IP:  71.xx.xx.242

It seems the the wan IP is behind the public ip or private IP and my question is how can we config the router inorder to get the RDP connected and yet the RDP works fine (site to site) router connected but not to the VPC.

Port forward  your  RDP  port  to  the  router  IP ?

Hi I did port forward to my router class c ip 192.x.x.1 but the RDP didnt get connected to the AWS VPC am still wonder what is the real issue that's preventing 

I presume  you can  ping  through  the  VPN  between  the server-client  and  vv.

Can  you  do a  tracert from  both  client  and server and  post the  results?

Hi, The cisco rv042 is behind the Netgear prosafe vpn firewall fvs336gv2 and it seems this firewall is preventing the router but i can ping the tunnel IP's of the VPC from the server and not the public subnet ip or the instance IP of the VPC i wonder even thought the RV042 is VPN connected to aws VPC is the firewall preventing the RDP not to??

So  you have  2  firewalls and  2  NAT devices? Why ?

I  suggest  you  remove   one   router altogether. It should  simplify your setup  tremendously.

The netgear is the exact gateway of the entire network and i try to port forward the router ip on it but its not that easy as it was in the RV042 any idea

Remove the RV042 and  use  the  Netgear then? Get  the  Netgear  to   negotiate  the  VPN.

I have  no  experience with the  Netgear-  cant  help  you there....

Did you  allow  RDP port  in the  VPC  security descriptors?

bestibnu1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any one to help me out of this issue i tried to highest level but couldnt initiate the RDP to the VPC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: