cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

binding policy

bws64
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way in banding policy to cut a network the network

suppose 192.168.1.0/24 but to keep only the 192.168.1.20/24 machine active on a fail over wan 1

to date my fail over is working fine but unable to keep a machine only active on the desired network segment

2 Replies 2

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The requirement is not clear to me, and you have not mentioned the router model as well. In case you would like to divert the traffic of a specific machine (192.168.1.20) via a specific WAN interface (WAN1) then you can try ‘Policy Based Routing’ option available in Cisco RV series routers. You may check the link for details https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoRiD7aojn8

bws64
Level 1
Level 1

yes thank you I found how to do it was necessary to put / 32 and no / 24 but the other point
we can change the order of priorities without erasing everything and start over in the order that the rules want

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: