cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blanking fields in RV042G config

coyote2045
Level 1
Level 1

Odd as this may sound, I am trying to simply erase infomation from certain configuration fields in an

RV042G router.  However, once an IP address has been entered, atempting to simply save a blank field results in the message "Please input IP address" and the empty field will not be saved.

For example, we had a WINS server, but now we don't.  I want to remove it from DHCP, but simply deleting the IP generates the above message.

Likewise, atempting to remove an IP from the DMZ Host address returns an error.  How can I reset these fields to be blank?

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alex, I noticed the same behavior. You can "blackhole" those configs by putting a bogus IP address.

Update to this, I just tested my RV042G. The dmz host by default should be a zero value of your network. By default it is 192.168.1.0. If you do not want to specify a value use a .0 value of your subnet.

For the WINS server, I could leave it blank or enter 0.0.0.0 and save it successfully. If your router is behaving different, update to the latest software and factory reset it.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/