Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C921-4P User Access Password

Hi,

I have just booted up my new C921-4P, accessing it via the RJ-45 Console portal and it is asking for a User Access Password. I have entered password, cisco, admin and no password (just hit return) all to no avail. I cannot find any documentation listing the default password. If it is something other than the above then I would be pleased to know.

I also tried accessing ROMMON in the belief that I could reset the password there but I cannot see any obvious rommon command there to do so - nor am I too game to experiment too much there at this stage of my first access to the C921-4P.

John

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

it should have no configuration your setup from scratch.

or ROMMON.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/900/software/configuration/guide/900SCG/install.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, when I access the C921-4P via the console, after it has successfully booted up, I get the following screen:

User Access Verification

Password:

If I simply press [Return] then I get this screen next, asking for the password again:

Password:

Entering cisco, or admin, or password or simply pressing [Enter/Return] again requests a password:

Password:

After three attempts I get the following message:

% Bad passwords

and the connection is disconnected when I also get the message:

exer15210_westranssa_wa con0 is now available.

Press RETURN to get started.

And when I press RETURN  I get - once again:

User Access Verification

Password:

The question is, What is requesting the User Access Verification / Password:  ???? And what is the password???

John

if the device is brand new, there should not be any password you should get the startup process and you going to set up the password. (until I am missing something here)

per the messages Looks like this device already configured. if you do not know the password

only option to reset password or make it factory default using ROMMON Mode, the document which i have provided in the earlier post.

Please follow and capture all the console Logs (post here ) if you encounter further issues.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: