cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not connect to network over Wireless only through ethernet cable on rv120W

Info001001
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with my RV120W router. I can not access my network over the wireless, but I can when I am plugged into an ethernet cable. I have looked through everything I can find on the wireless section, but can not find what is blocking my access through wireless.

3 Replies 3

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Info001001,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  As I do not know how your RV120W is configured I have a few questions.  Do you have any VLANs configured on the RV120W?  Is there a firewall on your network?  What is the IP address of the wireless client and the IP address of the device you are trying to access on the network?  Can the wireless client ping its default gateway?

Depending on the answers I can provide more information.

Regards,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

Micheal,

It looks like there is one VLAN configured as ID 1 with InterVLAN routing and Device Management both checked and all the ports are designated as untagged. I do not have any firewall setup on the this network. The IP for my wireless printer is 192.168.1.180 and the wireless client is 192.168.1.1. I am able to ping the wireless printer from the router and directly from my PC, but only when I am plugged into an ethernet. It fails form my PC when I switch to wireless, and I can't access the router back-end unless I am plugged in. It seems as if something is configured to prevent wireless access to the network.

Thanks, Ian

Hello Info001001,

Sorry for the late reply.  On the wireless network do you have Wireless Isolation enabled?

Regards,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.