cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access Web Gui Interface on RV320 after upgrade to 1.4.2.17

denilson.tobal
Level 1
Level 1

I did a firmware upgrade from 1.3.1.12 to 1.4.2.17. The RV320 did a reboot, and after, I cannot access it. It is working (internet, vpn, PAT rules, etc), but I cannot manage it. Is there any way to access the RV using another protocol? Is my only option reset factory?

44 Replies 44

jschneebe
Level 1
Level 1
I'm using a RV325 and was able to access the web interface before I upgraded. Now have similar problem after I upgraded to 1.4.2.15. Router appears to be working, but unable to manage from web interface. I can access login screen, but after I enter my creds I get the following message: "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ssi.cgi on this server." I've tried using different browsers, adding to trusted sites, modifying certificate permissions, and rebooting router. Thinking it could be an Apache issue and may just reset to factory settings. I was also unable to establish an SSH connection, but maybe that will work for you....

I don't have the permissions message. I already tried all browsers.

My browser doesn't receive any message. It keeps trying to connect without success.

It appears the web service has died. I had a different SSL certificate on the router because I was setting up OpenVPN... But I already did many reboots and never had this problem.

Cisco, any tip? Just reset factory? No way for telnet, or a single reset without lost my setup? I didnt do a backup because I was working on a detailed setup.... :(

@jschneebe wrote:
I'm using a RV325 and was able to access the web interface before I upgraded. Now have similar problem after I upgraded to 1.4.2.15. Router appears to be working, but unable to manage from web interface. I can access login screen, but after I enter my creds I get the following message: "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ssi.cgi on this server." I've tried using different browsers, adding to trusted sites, modifying certificate permissions, and rebooting router. Thinking it could be an Apache issue and may just reset to factory settings. I was also unable to establish an SSH connection, but maybe that will work for you....

Hi,

My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

Please take a look on the "Release Notes for Cisco RV320/RV325 Routers Firmware Version 1.4.2.17":

The configuration will be lost if you downgrade the firmware from this version to an earlier version, and the configuration files of this version can not be imported to the previous release. We recommend that you reset your device to use default settings when you upgrade to version 1.4.2.17 and reconfigure your settings to include these new features.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/release_notes/rv32x_relnote_v1_4_2_17.pdf

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

No way, I didn't try downgrade it. I did a reset factory, but now, I cannot access it, and my RV has gone. Diagnostic led turn on, few minutes, goes off. What I saw when the RV was working without web GUI ... Something about the date and log has corrupted because the RV was working and sending me the logs, but ALL events was frozen in same date and time. The time of the restart router. I am opening a TAC with Cisco Latam.

Hi,

If after reset to factory settings you cannot access the device ,please open a case with Cisco Technical Support. Here is the contact of the technical support :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Same problem here.  Router was functioning for a while, but was giving me logs with the same time and date.  Now I had to do a hard reset, and finally after several hours of trying to get the web interface to work, was able to get into the login screen, but when I try to login it says "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ssi.cgi on this server."

This takes me only to cisco home page. This router is pathetic. I am forced to ditch it and go with different brand.

Hi,

I hoped that the problem would be resolved with firmware 1.4.2.22, but no, it was still there. After updating to 1.4.2.22, the router seemed to be working fine. After 2 days, I decided to reboot the router, just to see what happens. And the problem was still there, I was also locked out from my web GUI with the "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ssi.cgi on this server." message. However, I have found some workarounds for this which I'd like to share with you.

It seems that locking out from the GUI has something to do with VLAN configuration. Access from any VLAN except the default one fails with the abovementioned message. Where possible, I have configured all unused LAN ports to "untagged" regarding cisco's "default" VLAN (1). Connecting a notebook directly to one of those ports and accessing the web GUI from the default VLAN subnet worked. Now I am able to manage the router by going to the basement. This is the first workaround.

Now it is getting really weird. In order to enable web GUI access from other VLANs as well, I had to do this (recommended in one of the posts in this thread):

1. From the non-default VLAN, connect use SSH to connect to the CLI of the router (this works).
  2. Create a dummy VLAN by entering "interface vlan add 222".
  3. Exit CLI of the router.

It was really unbelievable, but now I was able to access web GUI from the non-default VLAN as before! Entered the port management and deleted the dummy VLAN. The web GUI remained being accessible until next restart, when I had to do the abovementioned steps again. This is the second workaround.

The whole problem It is definitely a bug, maybe cisco will find time to resolve it in one of next firmware versions.

Hi Miran,

Thank you for reporting this issue and explain the workaround also. Please raise a service request with us so that we can investigate further on this issue with reference to that service request. You can contact us following the below mentioned link…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Note: After upgrading the latest firmware 1.4.2.22 user may face the problem, “Log in” button may not be responsive while trying to access the Router from default VLAN (1). For such cases user can follow steps mentioned on the latest firmware release notes as follows…

“Please note that after upgrading the firmware to 1.4.2.22, the UI “Log in” button may not be responsive. Please close and restart your browser, or clear the browser cache, before you load the login page. This may occur when using the Firefox and Chrome browsers. Safari and Edge browsers are OK.”

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/release_notes/rv32x_relnote_v1_4_2_22_.pdf

i changed the language via the drop down to any language and then back to english and the login button worked.

It works.
Thanks a lot.

Hi,

After updating to version 1.5.1.05 the problem still occurs.

Not immediately after update but after a few days.

Only the trick given by Miran helps - many thanks Miran.

Cisco developers - maybe it's time to improve it ?

We couldn't use the GUI but the command set contains only two commands (;-):

access-list Add/modify/delete access rule or change access rule's priority.
   interface vlan Add/modify/delete vlan setting or set vlan membership.

plus one not specified (;-): exit

Lee Cox
Level 2
Level 2

I have a Cisco RV320 Router on the latest firmware 1.4.2.17.  I get a certificate error with a details at the bottom.  I click on details using Microsoft edge which opens continue to web page not recommended which I click on and then I have access to my router.

Spoiler

This is the common Certificate error message. I am used to use it with this advise message. My problem was NO MESSAGE! NO WEB GUI. Router working (almost all features), but I could not manage it!
And We tried to do a reset (reset factory), but it has died! We are doing warranty.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: