cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: Cannot access Web Gui Interface on RV320 after upgrade to 1.4.2.17

We tried to reset factory because we had no access. And we did it with the Cisco Support in chat. I believe that they would think about this possibility, right?
They tried everything until ask for do warranty!
Highlighted
Beginner

Still waiting warranty. Too slow...
Beginner

Yes me too. Nice that Cisco is so concerned they rush to help their customers fix this problem. I've spent hours either getting locked out of the GUI (hard power off to get back in) or been staring at the cursed bar twiddling away and doing nothing.

WTF! This is kind of justified in this case.

There are a bundle of customers who cannot administer their hardware and no solution.

@fordos.a wrote:

Same problem. No browser change has helped.

CISCO is not responding any.

No solution till no ? Anything else then trowing away this **bleep** if CISCO hardwer ?

dsb Beginner
Beginner

Backup the original configuration before applying the new firmware, to file config.exp. (for me this was version 1.1.x)

Edit the config.exp file:

Change the version to 73:

[VERSION]

VERSION=73

Add the following to the [FIREWALL] section:

SSH_ENABLE=YES
REMOTE_SSH_ENABLE=NO

Replace the [IPSEC_QVM] section with:

[IPSEC_SLV]
IPS="TNAME=slvips0&ENABLED=0"
slvips0_PSK=
slvips0_DPD=""

Update the [USB_COM] section:

DRV_RELEASE_VERSION=v1.2.01
DRV_RELEASE_DATE=

DRV_UPDATE_VERSION=
DRV_UPDATE_DATE=Fri Sep 23 13:26:11 2016

Remove the checksum:

[CHECKSUM]
SUM=

Reset the RV320 to factory defaults by holding the reset button until the device restarts.

Log into the web-gui and restore the config.exp to the device, the device will restart. Unable to manage the device once authenticated, error "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ssi.cgi on this server."

interface vlan add 222

Now access the web-gui and remove VLAN 222.

Beginner

Hola, tengo el mismo problema, como puedo resolverlo?

Hello, I have the same problem, how can I solve it?
Beginner

Open a TAC with Cisco. They will check if your router is in the same of mine. They sent me a new router (changed).
Beginner

I was able to access the interface by adding port 8007 at the end, that is: http: //192.x.x.1:8007
Explorer

I guess you know there is a newer version out 1.4.2.19.  It has been out for months.

Beginner

Obviously, it is the same as version .17 have the same errors
Beginner

I just bought an RV320 and upgrade it for the first (and last) time.

The GUI is gone and my patience as well.

Luckely I have a thirty days satisfaction garrantee.

It will go back to the store and no more Cisco routers for us.

Beginner

I think it has a newer firmware than the buggy one!
Did you try to contact Cisco?
RV is a great router! I have many running in my clients. Just one got this problem when I did need to upgrade it. But really, after you solve this... this router runs for a year without any restart! It is a pure blood horse!
Beginner

i scan the opened router port and only port 53 is open! How can i access the web gui? is there  a desktop application to manage the router?

I had the same problem with my Cisco RV320 as well. I haven't gotten to the root cause of the problem, but I've found that the problem seems to have something to do with the disable HTTPS option within the Firewall settings. Here's what I did to get the problem:

1) Connected to the router as normal using 192.168.1.1 from point-to-point link

2) Everything working ok, configured the router as per setup

3) Reboot, all of a sudden getting connection timeouts, cannot access GUI, but router otherwise seems to be working

4) Tried different browsers, tried logging into 192.168.1.1:8007 as recommended in another post, tried IP scan to make sure I was using the right IP. IP was correct and all of these things failed.

5) Restored router to factory settings, now back to factory default

The problem seems to be some kind of access problem, so after resetting the router I did some basic configurations, and found that the problem was not present when I left the disable HTTPS option along (e.g. changing username, changing password, logout, log back in - everything a-ok). After I logged back into the router, I went to the disable HTTPS settings, checked the box, logged out and then had the problem again. I'm not sure what's going wrong exactly, and when entering the IP address in my browser's URL box I tried to enter the IP address using http instead of https (http:\\192.168.1.1), but Firefox and IE both were dead set on logging in using HTTPS. I'm not sure what to do from here, and at this point I've resolved to not using the disable HTTPS option, but hopefully someone else can help troubleshoot the problem further because it'd be nice to get to the bottom of this.

Regards,

Everyone's tags (5)

Also to note here, my firmware is 1.4.2.19