Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Access Web GUI of RV340W

jetcosys
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts!  

I have the latest firmware (1.0.03.15) on my Cisco RV340W and it worked OK for a bit, but now I cannot access the Web GUI to manage the router.  I've removed power twice but trying to access the router gives me a timeout error with any browser.  I'm a bit of a novice with these devices, but have 3 in various offices and all three with this firmware are having issues.  Can someone please tell me what my next steps are to fix this issue where I can't access the GUI?  The router seems to be functioning - Internet access, port forwarding, etc.  Is there a way to command line in and repair the firmware?  I really do NOT want to have to reset as there was a lot of configurations on this router that would all have to be redone.

Thanks,

-Joe

CiscoRV340W_WebGUI_Issue.png

11 Replies 11

AlKor
Spotlight
Spotlight
There no CLI support. You can try connect via blue console port (RS232) and capture the logs. May be you will see somthing about GUI address and port.

mridsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Kindly request you to perform the following troubleshooting:-

-> Check with command prompt whether able to reach router's IP address

-> In case no access like destination host unreachable ,then will have to check with advance IP scanner whether able to see Router IP address alive mapped with routers mac address

-> Still unable to get the access after seeing the IP address of router with correct mac address, then kindly request you to open a service request with our frontline team for troubleshooting.

Frontline team :-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Thanks and regards,

Mridul

Cisco SBSC

Hi, this is not an IP address issue.  The router is currently functioning and is pingable at it's address.  The Web GUI just simply does not work.  I'm not following how the router MAC address comes into play here.

Thanks,

-Joe

Did you try access router from external IP (internet) ?

I haven't tested this, what port is the router WebGui from external and does it need to be enabled first?

Default is https 443

443 is port forwarded, so if I access the external IP address of the router, it simply forwards that port normally.

Russell Racey
Level 1
Level 1

The RV34x often needs rebooting to regain access to the Web UI.  After a few days or a few weeks, the router's UI becomes unresponsive from either LAN or WAN.  It effectively stops responding to port 443 altogether.  The only recourse is to have someone cycle its power switch.  ALL RV34x's DO THIS!!   I'm sure most users find it exacerbating, inconvenient, often costly and entirely ridiculous.  

This bug has persisted through all firmware releases right up to the current v1.0.03.16.  It almost seems to have gotten worse in fact.  The frequency at which each RV34x goes into "Helen Keller" mode tends to vary,  yet no matter what, it will eventually require a reboot.  Each time I need to get in but can't, I have to resist the urge to yank it out of the rack and smash again the wall.  Of course it helps to remind myself how much money was wasted in purchasing it.

Suffice it to say, buggy routers are costly to support.  I'm sure IT departments have better things to do than to run around rebooting Cisco routers.  Indeed it is unforgivable of the brand, especially in contrast to earlier RV0xx routers which were dependable and rock solid.  Wherever reliability is critical, I still have little choice but to deploy older RV0xx routers.  The RV34x series is still a far cry from a "mature" product -- but surely, enough is enough.

So please Cisco, isn't it past time to fix this product?  We can better tolerate the RV34x's other glitches as long as the box can be remotely rebooted.

Thanks.

It seems that this problem only occurs if you decide you want to use any of the router's security features.  Probably the CPU can't handle any light duty work.

That being said, I have had zero problems with my RV340 since I put everything back in the box.  It now is used to hold the door cracked in our lobby on overly hot days.  If someone kicks it by accident, I do have to reset the positioning as to keep airflow consistent.

You get what you pay for.

LOL, thanks for the laugh.

Seems as a better solution
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: