cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Activate WAN VLAN Tagging on RV134W

Stewart1
Level 1
Level 1

I need to perform VLAN tagging with my VDSL2 ISP to get online. I am using an RV134W. The ISP configuration is PPPoE Authentication using VLAN100.  No matter what I have tried the WAN VLAN option is not selectable, see photo attachment.  I have omitted the username for obvious reasons, I must be missing something obvious?  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Stewart, 

Solution: 

As we spoke and had a troubleshooting remote session we have helped you by creating a new entry for ”DSL_PTM_WAN_1_1_R" and that way it allowed us to change the VLAN. 

Since this cannot be modified on the default entry and then we had to delete it. 

Regards, 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Stewart,

Regarding this issue I found that there was a bug that it was supposed to be fixed on version 1.0.0.29. 

Please make sure you have the latest firmware version 1.0.1.11 

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286287152/type/282465789/release/1.0.1.11?i=!pp

If this is still not working I would like to ask you to give us a call to TAC support so we can assist you investigating further and escalating it if needed. 

Thank you for contacting cisco support community.

Regards,

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Stewart, 

Solution: 

As we spoke and had a troubleshooting remote session we have helped you by creating a new entry for ”DSL_PTM_WAN_1_1_R" and that way it allowed us to change the VLAN. 

Since this cannot be modified on the default entry and then we had to delete it. 

Regards, 

Just so there is no confusion for anybody else, there is a default PTM profile option under Network > WAN > WAN Configuration on the Graphical User Interface. If you are to select the default PTM profile, the VLAN tagging option is locked, it cannot be changed. In order to use the VLAN tagging option, a new PTM profile needs to be created, It is not possible to delete the default profile, yet the new profile will operate when line sync is restored.

Im my case I connected, authenticated, could ping the ISP gateway etc, yet no data flow. Called the ISP who gave me the usual, its a modem issue. Jorge sorted out the VLAN issue and demonstrated connectivity, thanks for the help.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: