cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot manage service list at all - waited unacceptably long for a fix!

Rasmus Rask
Level 1
Level 1

I have posted about this before (https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11995721/rv320-custom-services-management-buggy), but it has gotten even worse now, to the point where I cannot manage the service list at all.

Attempting to save after deleting, modifying or adding service, shows the message "Critical failure. Please contact support" *very* briefly, before the window closes (how helpful!).

I currently have 37 entries in the table. Several of these are duplicates, due to the problems mentioned in my previous thread. But I'm not able to clean up or make any other modifications.

When I started the previously mentioned thread a year ago, I was on FW version 1.1.0.09. Now I'm on 1.1.1.06.

As you can see in the responses in the other thread, several people are reporting the same issue, but there hasn't been a firmware upgrade in almost a year.

When can we have this fixed, please? Or have you completely abandoned the RV-series?

19 Replies 19

I got the RV320 to replace a buggy Draytek Vigor 2830, but the Draytek will be staying in place for now as it has less issues than the RV320.

I find it odd that Netgear can get Windows 64-bit support with the same virtual passage chipset as Cisco uses, and their driver even works with the Cisco RV series, but Cisco have managed to not only allow the ActiveX controls to expire (the certificate for them expired on 24th September 2014) but also not released any updates for this unit in almost a year. In my previous job I always went with Cisco and used ASA 5505 and 5510 firewalls, but as they're getting a bit old now I thought that the RV320 would be a better option, however it's looking like I should have stuck with an ASA or looked at another vendor.

Hello,

The new firmware 1.1.1.19 was just released today. Please download it here:   https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284005929&flowid=43302&softwareid=282465789&release=1.1.1.19&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards,
Cindy

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Is there anybody out there?

*sound of crickets*

Cisco, do you have an ETA on the RV320 firmware release?

I had a response from Cisco Support and got hold of the v1.1.1.19 beta firmware which fixes this issue. If you open a support case you should be able to get hold of it too. I know you'd rather wait for a QA checked release, but this firmware doesn't seem any worse than the previous version so is at least better than nothing for the time being.

The SSL VPN system is still entirely unusable due to expired certificates on ActiveX controls and the IE browser detection still looking for user agent strings not used since IE9, but that's a different issue which I've already posted about in another topic.

Dan

Hmm, def. worth considering. I will try and get in touch with them.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: