cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot png an address inside cisco rv325 router

JD Hurst
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded from a Cisco RV042G router to a Cisco RV325 router to get more ports on the router. 

I have a tunnel to the Cisco RV325 router using NCP Secure Entry. I had the same tunnel on the Cisco RV04g Router. Both tunnels work. 

On the RV042G Router, once I connected, I could ping addresses inside the router and map drives on the computer siting inside the router. This is as I would expect. I can also access the Cisco RV130 wireless router inside the network.

On the RV325 router, I can connect and I can ping the gateway address but I cannot ping any address inside the router and cannot map a drive on the computer inside the router. I cannot access my new Cisco RV134 wireless router.

What is different about the RV325 router? and how can I set it so that I may access computers and devices inside the router?  

Thank you for any help that may be provided. 

2 Replies 2

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello JD Hurs,

I hope you are doing well, regarding issue you have I would advise you to enable “NAT traversal” under the advanced settings for the VPN tunnel. Also try with the full tunneling instead of the split tunneling in case you are using split tunnel.

Besides that I will advise you to do the firmware upgrade to the latest version 1.4.2.17

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284005929&softwareid=282465789&release=1.1.1.06

If it does not work please give us a call to 1866-606-1866 so we can open a case and help you with an advanced troubleshooting to solve this issue for you.

Regards,

Thank you. 

1. I have NAT Traversal enabled. 

3. I had recently (and before my first post) upgraded firmware to 14.2.17

2. I will be at a client in early January and well see about full tunneling. 

I will give you a call then as well.

Thank you for following up.