cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Check if router is genuine

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I bought a RV345P-K9-NA from a seller on ebay.  Is there a way I can scan it to verify it is genuine?  I looked up the serial number and it is valid and the latest firmware installed without issue.  Is there anything else I can check to see if the unit is compromised in anyway or counterfeit?

Regards.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if I were you - if i know the product and get a cheaper cost and i will grab and use it as long as it works ...

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco not going to support any eBay purchase, but you can check with Sr No here :

https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

BB

Thanks for the reply.  As stated in my question, I already checked the serial number and it is valid.  I just wanted to see if there is anything else to check.

Regards.

I have provided the Link to make sure that was in the list  (since we are not sure where you checked) - There is nothing else to check and if the serial number is valid for that cisco product only. As I stated in my post it's your risk of buying from eBay (no one can guarantee your purchase) - if you are not buying from a valid seller or partner.

BB

I understand.  That was the link I used to verify it previously.  The RV345P is very rare so ebay was the only option.  It is also end of life so smartnet is not an option anyway and the successor model does not exist thanks to this chip shortage.  I had a need for it being a PoE all-in-one that can handle gigabit throughput.

Regards.

if I were you - if i know the product and get a cheaper cost and i will grab and use it as long as it works ...

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: