cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV-345 Client to Site VPN - No remote network access

joseph.kalus
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV-345 that is installed in a remote home.  It is operational and I can access components on the network remotely via port forwarding. (not using the VPN)   However I have one component that is not responding and I had hoped that I might be able to gain access and reset it via a VPN.  I have a Client to Site VPN established and can log in via the VPN.  I can also log in directly to the RV-345 via Remote Web Management.

My issue it that I cannot see the remote LAN or any IPs on the LAN.  I'm new to this, but am wondering if it is a subnet issue.  The VPN, from what I understand, forces me on to subnet 100, while everything on the LAN is on subnet 0.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

can you clarify what is the full IP address VPN user getting what is LAN IP access - if they are different subnet you need ACP rule to allow LAN access for that IP range of VPN

The VPN, from what I understand, forces me on to subnet 100, while everything on the LAN is on subnet 0.

example ACL rule :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5491-configure-access-rules-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html

here is the guide for reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5527-configure-client-to-site-virtual-private-network-vpn-connect.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Duplicate

I replied twice earlier, and it is not showing up.  I apologize if this becomes a duplicate.

The RV-345 has a LAN IP address of 192.168.0.1.  All of the components connected to the LAN have an IP address of 192.168.0.XX.  The component I am trying to reach has an IP address of 192.168.0.15.  

In the setup of the Client to Site VPN, the default Pool Range for Client LAN is 192.168.100.1-100.  I can use other IP addresses for the Pool Range, but it will not accept for example:  192.168.0.90-99

JK

I don't know how to find my VPN IP address without being inside the network.  Part of the problem is that It is not behaving like I am inside the network.

The address of the equipment I want to access is 192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.33

The VPN is set to assign and IP address of 192.168.100.1-10 to the Client Pool Range

joseph.kalus
Level 1
Level 1

Duplicate post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: