Helpful
Replies

cisco RV042 Dual Wan issue for sip trunk

dominic lazure
Level 1
Level 1

hi

here is my setup :

I am using the CISCO RV042 router to connect my phone system to a Sip trunk provider router and to extend my Lan segments so the phone system have internet access.i need it this way because i cant put 2 default gateway in my phone system so the cisco Rv042 is the default gateway of the phone system and i use port fowarding of the UDP ports 5060 to point to the system.and i also use protocol binding of these ports to the Wan 1

Phone system connect to a switchport

The sip trunk router connect to the Wan 1
My lan is connected to the Wan 2

Everything is working fine exept this intermittent issue : Each hour or so my sip trunk stop working. to make it start working i need to unplug my Wan 2 connection and wait for 1 minute.

in my system log i can't see any message regarding this problem

any ideas?

4 Replies 4

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi Dominic my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. First of all, I apologize for the inconvenience you have with your device. In order to fix you r problem, are you using the latest firmware? The latest version is 4.2.1.02 you can download it in cisco.com

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414010&softwareid=282465789

After the firmware upgrade you have to do a factory reset (Always make a backup of your data).I hope you find this answer useful and it fix your problem.

If this answer  was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

hi johnnatan

i upgraded the firmware and made a factory reset and i still have the issue

Hi dominic, ensure you  did the factory reset after the firmware upgrade, if you did that, you could chnge the “MTU” value, the default value is 1500. And to discard that it is a hardware problem, exchange your WAN connections, WAN1<-->WAN2, WAN2<-->WAN1.

I hope you find this answer useful, *Please mark the question as Answered or rate the answer so other will know when an answer has been found.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

hi

I did the factory reset after the update and i also changed the MTU value many time ( 500,1000,1200) and i still have the issue.What should i do next?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: