Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO RV042 V03 CONTENT FILTER

StaticRat89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have been searching the cisco support community for a anwser to my question to no avail so now I must post it.

First some info:

My Hardware:

Cisco RV042 V03 (PID VID)

Firmware: v4.2.1.02 (Jan 18 201214:10:55)

Working Mode: Gateway

Configured for Load Balance. HTTP and HTTPS are bound to WAN2 all other traffic on WAN1.

Now for the Q:

I have configured the content filter to block forbidden domains and website blocking by keywords, both enabled and working perfectly for 5 minutes. I do save my config but when I move away from the current page or logout of the router and return back to the Firewall > Content Filter page my entire setup is gone and thus content filtering does not work any more.

This I cannot understand it is as if the config does not save or just gets "wiped" from the router after a few minutes of working. If anyone have come accross this before or have some explanation or even a solution, please enlighten me?

Waiting on yourm feedback.

StaticRat

2 Replies 2

StaticRat89
Level 1
Level 1

Could someone please comment on my question. Would truly appreciate any help you could give.

Hi Armand, has the rules ever worked for you? When you upgraded to the 4.2.1.02 did you factory default the unit afterwards?  A lot of times the code may have overlap and create odd behavior such as that. So I would recommend to reflash the firmware, factory default the unit and configure from scratch.

If it is still not behaving correctly, you may want to downgrade the firmware to 1 or 2 previous versions and see if it follows the software.

If it appears to be following the software, you may want to simplify everything, get the router on the internet with 1 connection, add the content filter and then see what happens with only the essential configuration (internet connectivity and content). You may also want to try the different connection types you test.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: