cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV042 WAN2 NOT connecting with MAC cloned. Cisco Definite Solution?

rogriverac
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a Cisco Linksys RV042 (Firmware Version: 1.3.12.19-tm) a month ago. I installed it with two Cable Modems (Webstar DPC2100R2) from the same internet provider and with the same individual bandwidths for the two of those. My setup is Dual Wan mode since I only bought this device for load balancing the traffic through the two WAN connections. I need to clone both WAN MAC addresses on the router ports in order to get connected to my ISPs provisioning server. The RV042 has no issues getting a connection on WAN1 when MAC cloning has been made on this port, however, when I clone (user define, different from WAN1) MAC address for WAN2, this port never gets a connection and stays on IP 0.0.0.0 all the time.

I’ve tried factory reset, reloading the latest firmware (which already came pre-installed), switch modems from WAN1 to WAN2 and vice versa, disabling Firewall, turning on and off the ports on Port Management tab, changing SmartLink to Load Balance mode, enabling and disabling Network Service Detection, DHCP vs. Static IP on WAN ports, manual setup, setup through the wizard.

Nothing seems to make WAN2 port function correctly with the User Defined MAC address. The only way to make it work is using the factory (default) MAC address on WAN2, then it gets the IP address  from the modem. Again, WAN1 works correctly with a user defined MAC address same as with Default MAC address enabled.

I have read endless customer’s posts having the same issue from several years ago in this Community Forum and all over the web, and none of them have had a definite solution to the problem from the manufacturer. Remember, we’re dealing with businesses uptime and economics here.

Is Cisco ever going to fix this? It is obviously a firmware-device problem.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

aa321123
Level 1
Level 1

Jan. 26  2013  11:18 ~ 11:25 win7u8sp1

This is Rv042 user just like you . May i talk a little bit , perhaps find something new to it and as well to my similar concerns please?

Does the Rv042 has to register its MAC to cisco Server by its default factory status first then do else setting?

Dual WANs which one best match to MAC of PCs and Cisco by default at first among these devices?

Dual Wan ISP clash with each other ?

Suppose only 1 WAN, how to monitor the another WAN won't be abused by else at your off_Device time?

How to monitor your MAC of PC or cisco device won't be CLONED as well ?

Thank you for back if you would like to ...

Message was edited by: Li HUANG

Friday, January 25, 2013

04:03:03    04:04:02    04:04:58

why the time insert by outlook not equal to showing in list as attach ?

There is at least 5 to 8 seconds difference.

Why ISP yielding low /not security connection, showing CUT in Modem Mw7u8sp1, for almost one year? !

Associating with Cisco Device of my RV042 please ?

Message was edited by: Li HUANG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: