cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV082 SSL Cert conflict for ActiveSync

epagecity
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco RV082 sitting in front of my exchange server. I have port forwarding on for 443 to my exchange server.

My ActiveSync users (iPhone, Droid) get a connection error when HTTPS is enabled under the Firewall tab. Using the MS connectivity tester, it appears that the ActiveSync connection picks up the Cisco cert installed on the RV082 and not the cert I have on the Exchange server.

If I disable HTTPS then it all works.

That would be fine except that I seem to need HTTPS enabled for my VPN connection to work.

Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

I have seen this issue on the RV0xx V3 devices. The devices are built with more security, but the device will always respond to SSL certificate requests and not forward the request even when the port forward is enabled. Even when the port being forwarded is not 443 but is SSL the router will still respond with its own certificate. If you are having these types of configuration problems. Please if you don't need secure remote management, SSL VPN, or secure LAN management disable HTTPS under the Firewall Settings. If you require those settings then please call in and create a case. The more case with this issue we create the more the problem gets noted and resolved. There is no bug release at this time for this issue that I am aware of. Please call Small Business Support Center at 1-866-606-1866. If the technician you speak with is un-aware of the issue please have them talk with me.

Thanks,

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

I have seen this issue on the RV0xx V3 devices. The devices are built with more security, but the device will always respond to SSL certificate requests and not forward the request even when the port forward is enabled. Even when the port being forwarded is not 443 but is SSL the router will still respond with its own certificate. If you are having these types of configuration problems. Please if you don't need secure remote management, SSL VPN, or secure LAN management disable HTTPS under the Firewall Settings. If you require those settings then please call in and create a case. The more case with this issue we create the more the problem gets noted and resolved. There is no bug release at this time for this issue that I am aware of. Please call Small Business Support Center at 1-866-606-1866. If the technician you speak with is un-aware of the issue please have them talk with me.

Thanks,

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: