cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV110W Firewall VPN Router

countrynerd01
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first time posting on here so i apologise if i get something wrong or offend someone. I have recently hit a brick wall with my router... Yesterday the router was acting funny rebooting about every 5 to 10 minutes. Didnt really think anything of it then it got annoying fast. So i checked my configs and nothing was out of normal checked my firmware and noticed it was out of date. So i grabbed the newest firmware 1.2.0.9 and uploaded it... uploaded fine and then rebooted as it should at that time the power flickered again because somone had plugged an large ac adapter over top of the power switch on the power bar and it was intermittently turning the power off when the table moved... the router then power cycled mid update and is now stuck at the blinking power light state and hasnt changed for 24 hours now...

is there anybody out there that can help without me having to fork out huge bucks to cisco to have it sent back and reloaded again...?

thanks

1 Reply 1

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

There is a special embedded web server in the product that allows  firmware upgrade/downgrade when the regular firmware upgrade fails. Configure your computer to use static IP with address such as 192.168.1.100, and point your browser to 192.168.1.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: