cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV130 Router VPN Weekly Reboot

idle00951
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to reboot the RV130 once a week automatically?  The reason is I keep loosing connection to the router for remote login and I have a CCTV connected to the router and when I loose connection it doesn't allow me remote access.  So I have to reboot it manually for it to start working again.

It has the newest 1.0.1.3 installed.  That is the newest showing on cisco site.  I just dont get why its doing this.  So a weekly reboot would do great for me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ralfo1
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked the logs after the restart for any clues leading to the connection loss?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ralfo1
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked the logs after the restart for any clues leading to the connection loss?

I have two of RV130Ws and they are giving me the same problem with different ISP and geographical locations. Both have 1.0.2.7 firmware installed. I keep loosing remote management connection and the security camera that is attached to the DMZ also looses connection. The only workaround is to drive down to the site and reboot RV130W. Is there a watchdog or scheduled reboot feature? 

This is the same problem I have - two routers, two locations, different ISPs.  Based on the number of similar complaints about the RV130W, I can only conclude that there is a fundamental flaw in this product that even updating the firmware can't resolve.  Maybe it is time that Cisco properly addressed this defective product issue.

If you want this fixed all you have to do is change the port forwarding from a single to a port forwarding range. Just keep the range the same port. Like if its port 8080 the. Range would be start 8080 and end 8080. That will fix it.  Been working great for me ever since. 

Thanks for the advice. How did you solve the remote management connection issue?  Port forwarfding range does not allow to configure where the remote management port exist. Please help. 

It is not as simple as just changing the port forwarding.  I was able to get (and keep) remote access on one router, but not the other one.  No other router I have used had this problem.  I bought this model because I wanted the VPN capability, but have not been able to use it.

I still maintain that there is a fundamental flaw in the RV130W.

If you want this fixed all you have to do is change the port forwarding from a single to a port forwarding range. Just keep the range the same port. Like if its port 8080 the. Range would be start 8080 and end 8080. That will fix it.  Been working great for me ever since. 

Same feature would be handy for me. I have some port forwards set up that seem to stop working after about 6 days. No clue in the log but just suddenly stops working. reboot sorts it out so an automated reboot instead of me having to remember or setting up a script somewhere to monitor SMTP responsiveness of my server.