Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO RV180 - MAC Filter on WAN Port

Slava Zhilov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have configured VPN tunnel between the main and the remote office using two RV180 Routers. I also created some additional users so staff who are not in any of the above offices can use VPN connection from their Windows or Linux Notebooks and connect to the corporate network. All that is set.

I'm only missing now an option to connect mobile devices such as IPhones or IPads so they can connect and view the internal corporate web server too. Those don't connect by using their default OS software so I have got an idea to forward port 443 through the router to the internal web server but filter it somehow by MAC addresses, i.e. if a person with a certain MAC address connects to WAN it gets forwarded, all other devices with MAC addresses which are not listed gets denied. Is that possible with our RV180 router?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Slava,

It is not possible to filter by MAC address. You could filter by IP address by creating an Access Rule, but you would have to know the WAN IP that the users will connect from. If they are all at the same location and it has a static WAN IP address, this would work well.

- Marty

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Slava,

It is not possible to filter by MAC address. You could filter by IP address by creating an Access Rule, but you would have to know the WAN IP that the users will connect from. If they are all at the same location and it has a static WAN IP address, this would work well.

- Marty

Thank you. Is there any way for IOS and Andoid mobile devices to connect to such a VPN?

You should be able to use the same PPTP to connect phones to the vpn.  I've used this on my android phone using the built-in pptp client and an app that allows you to browse directories called e3 (I believe).    

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

It is working now, thank you.

You're welcome!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: