cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV180W gateway to gateway can't access network

njstigs007
Level 1
Level 1

I just setup two RV180W's in a gateway to gateway setup, and I've got an IPsec connection established, and from the one router at my house I'm trying to access our work network, and I can't get to anything, nor can I ping anything.  Is there something I'm missing, another configuration I haven't done?

7 Replies 7

njstigs007
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, just realized I can ping the router on the other side, but nothing past it.

I have the same problem.  I can ping my DNS servers on remote network but nothing else.

If I tear down the gw-gw tunnel  & use QVPN to connect I have same problem. 

Someone what is the fix?

>...I can ping the router on the other side, but nothing past it.

The above could be caused by the firewall policies on the computers you were trying to access accross the tunnel. Be reminded that the computers on the remote subnet view your computer as a host on a different subnet.

Last night I used pptp to access a remote pc called PCA, I can ping it and use netsupport manager from this connection.  i brought up the f/w and watched.

From a different pc with qpvn connection I pinged PCA and received no response.  I saw no alerts on PCA saying do you want to allow etc.  PCA uses McAfee

I actually had the same thing going on as I could use pptp to connect our RRAS and I had access to everything by both IP and FQDN.  Just finished working with a tech over the phone and it's now working by IP, and the only thing they changed was to enable replys to ping on the WAN interface.  Whether this fixed my issue or not I can't say, b/c originally I tried accessing our server and could not, today I found after the change was made, I could ping and access workstations, but still not the server, and the tech said it was something on the servers end.  The server responds to ping, and the firewall is disabled, so I don't thing there's anything on the server that needs changed.  Anyway, try enabling ping on the WAN and see if that helps.

My next question would be, how can I get DNS to work across the tunnel?  I can only access things by IP.

Is there an option on the router to enable reply to ping on the WAN?  Where is it?  Using IPSEC I can ping my servers but presumed it was b/c they were DCs but that is all I can ping & they have f/w on them.

I found option to reply to ping on wan.  I also discovered f/w on PC was blocking the remote lan, needed to add it to the trusted network group.

Now for port forwarding challenge that I understand doesn't work.  I need to forward 5405 for netsupport manager.

Any ideas when new f/w will be released?

Does anyone have anything on setting up shrewsoft to connect to rv180?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: