cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV325 Can it support internet speed to 300 download?

Its unclear the max internet speed this device can support with new firmware. I just downloaded the latest firmware, if I apply can this device support a 300meg download. It supports only 100meg right now.  Need to know before I pay for the upgrade to my ISP.  New to this device, just took over this client account and very slow internet speed in the building.  

4 Replies 4

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Tony,

The RV325 NAT/Firewall throughput is 900Mbps. You can run a speed test to verify your ISP Internet connection speed. Are you using the web filtering version? Bear in mind this product is already announced EoS/EoL so the software support would be limited at some point.

Regards,

Martin 

I have the same problem with an RV320.  My ISP account provides 200 Mbps, I have a new modem from the ISP, which supports to 2.5 Gbps, and they checked their delivery of 200 Mbps through their modem.  The RV320 has the latest firmware 1.5.1.13, port bandwidth set at 400000 kbps (down) at WAN1, all LAN ports show ~77Mbps.  In the System Summary tab, clicking on Internet WAN1 "Connected", the pop-up display shows 100 kbps as the auto-negotiated speed.  Under Port Management, Port Table, WAN1 Mode is set to Auto Negotiation (Gigabit).  All manual options under this tab only include 10 or 100 Mbps, Half or Full Duplex; there is no manual choice of 1 Gbps, so Auto Negotiation is the only choice.  Independent reviews on line show the RV320/325 support over 900 Mbps.  

I am using web filtering; shutting it off does not change the speed.  Shutting off the firewall entirely does not change the speed.  Other users have reported the same problem (Internet search), provide no solution other than buying other manufacturer's routers or the RV340, which will likely hit its EOL this year (if Cisco's upgrade pattern remains the same).  

This problem needs to be fixed; there is nothing more that my ISP can do, and there is no change anywhere in the router set up web page that fixes the problem.  It has to be in the firmware.

Thank you - Andy

I do realize that these units are EOL/EOS, but is still active with Cisco for another year or so.  O

Oh, I should add:  In testing with my ISP, I connected a desktop iMac directly to the modem, my ISP activated the connection, and the result shows 233 Mbps.  Reconnecting the same to the RV320, and my ISP activating that connection, the result is 77 Mbps.  The only change is addition of the RV320 between the ISP and the desktop iMac.  The problem is in the RV320.

Still looking for a solution.  The WAN port is stuck at 100 Mbps by Auto-Negotiation; the only other options are 10 Half, 10 Full, 100 Half, 100 Full.  Max NAT throughput using Auto-Negotiation is75 Mbps (the ISP service is verified at 200+ Mbps).  When set WAN at 100 Full, the ma NAT throughput is 25 Mbps.  Running at Auto-Negotiation.  This is clearly an RV320/325 internal problem, and there is nothing in any part of the RV320 interface that has solved this.  In various user reports, the RV340 does not have this problem, but that search is not extensive.  However, the RV 340 was released in 2017; four years ago, which is about the cycle length for Cisco Small Business Router releases.  It makes no sense to buy a 340, only to have it EOL/EOT within a year or so.  I've used Cisco only in my networks for decades, but now, unable to even get a response nor acknowledgment of this issue, I'm looking to other manufacturers as well.

Cisco, you have been and are the top company.  If this is a firmware issue, it is certainly easy to fix; if not, then I need instructions on what to do.  Please help.