cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV325 cannot get IP address via DHCP on Windows 10

skjold-andersen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem that has led to hours of frustration, as I have tried everything I can imagine to get a specific computer online via the RV325 router.

The computer:
HP Elitebook laptop 8570p
Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10
Broadcomm wireless adapter
Intel ethernet adapter

The network:
RV325 Router
WAP231 Wireless Access Point

The problem:
I cannot connect to the network with DHCP. It keeps saying the network is not identified, and it assigns me an AutoIP.
I doesn't matter whether I use the wireless adapter or the ethernet adapter, the problem is the same.

If I manually assign 192.168.1.5 as the IP, 255.255.255.0 as subnet and 192.168.1.1 as gateway, everything is fine.

If I boot from a Linux livecd, DHCP works just fine.

Every other device on the network, cellphones, tablets, other computers, sonos players, etc. works just fine.

The computer works fine on every single network I have ever had to connect it to, but not my recently installed home network :(

I have tried everything I could find on Google such as:

- Uninstalling any virtual machines that I had on the computer (VMware and Oracle Virtualbox)

- Resetting the windows routing table

- Updating firmware on the router

- Updating firmware on the network adapters

- Resetting the router

- Uninstalling and reinstalling network adapters

- Disabling windows firewall

- Uninstalling HP Connection Manager

Nothing works, error remains the same.

If anyone could point me towards a working solution, I would be very happy. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skjold-andersen
Level 1
Level 1

A friend of mine managed to fix the problem, and it seems to be a bug in Cisco's router software.

The computer had the Danish character "Ćø" in the computer's name, and that didn't go well with the Cisco router, but fine with all other routers I have tried.

So 5 hours of frustration due to an annoying bug, that was painfully easy to fix once located.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pahowart
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue with a Lenovo Ideapad. It would work perfectly on other routers with DHCP but no the RV320. Never got it working on either Win8.1 or Win10. The only work around is to manually configure the IP on that machine.

Good luck.

Hi Skjold-Andersen/Pahowart,

I am also facing the same issue. At one of client location in which there are users from multiple companies working there and thee employees of ABC company are able to connect and get the proper IP address from the router. but the employees of XYZ company are not able to connect, when i am trying to configure static IP addresses on their laptops it is working fine/ I tried to connect my personal laptop, IOS Phone, Android Phone, etc and those are all working fine. I spent a lot fo time in troubleshooting this issue but not able to resolve. it would be great if you can also please help me with the solution for this issue.

Regards

Waseem Abbas

skjold-andersen
Level 1
Level 1

A friend of mine managed to fix the problem, and it seems to be a bug in Cisco's router software.

The computer had the Danish character "Ćø" in the computer's name, and that didn't go well with the Cisco router, but fine with all other routers I have tried.

So 5 hours of frustration due to an annoying bug, that was painfully easy to fix once located.