Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV325 not activating DDNS after WAN switchover

AlexSST
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a RV325 and 2 ISPs connected. Only one is use normally, and the other one is used as backup. This is because load-balancing does not work that well (the router does not appear to keep track of conversations, so all internet banking apps stop working because they receive packets from 2 sources).

Anyways, back to our problem: I have configured DDNS through NoIP. It works ok when activating it on any of the 2 WAN interfaces. BUT, when I go and change the primary WAN interface (switching to the other provider), both interfaces appear with "DDNS function is disabled or No Internet connection.". I have to login tot he router, go to Dynamic DNS setup, edit the active interface and click save (without any changes) in order to activate it.

This defies the whole purpose fo having this. I wanted to use the domain name to connect to the router instead of using 2 IPS... 

Is there a way to make this work automatically?

The router is running 

Firmware Version:v1.4.2.17 (2017-10-30, 15:50:18)

Thank you,

Alex

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was thinking the Same some time back the SMB Device can work with this option, since Dual WAN Failover.

Since SMB Device more rely on GUI based config. :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4176-configure-dynamic-domain-name-server-on-rv320-and-rv325-vpn.html

As per the config - can do one testing edit both interface edit and enable and test it.

when you enable both interface, what registration you see on DDNS Site, both WAN IP register ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for the prompt reply BB!

If I enable both interfaces (load balancing) yes, they both appear OK on the router. I did not try to unplug the main ISP cable to see what happens. I can't use that because of the reasons mentioned earlier. I keep them with Smart Link Backup.

On the NoIP site, I only see one IP - the one active from their point of view, where they point the name to.

Thank you,

Alex