Given some recent vulnerabilities in RV320/RV325-series routers, I've been pretty Johnny-on-the-spot to update my company's devices to the latest firmwares, as well as disabling SSH (since I don't actually think it can be used...). Unfortunately, I've found that the remote web interface is just doggedly slow after update (I noticed this especially after updating to 220.127.116.11) even on connections that it should be reasonably quick.
Does anyone have any tips as to how to speed this up possibly?
How are you accessing the GUI with IP or Domain name?
i see other users have an issue (raise a TAC case if you have a contract with SMB TAC)
Right off the get-go, no, that does not appear to be the solution. Since we have a dynamic DNS provider, I can log into our management page and see what the public IP is, and use that. It does not appear to help with speeds - but as I'll be in and out of several remote routers today, I'll try and do all of my work using IPs rather than DDNS addresses first.
I basically cannot remotely manage these routers in this fashion. We have computers on-site, and that ends up being easier and MUCH more responsive, and that's how I'm having to do any changes - which is difficult in some cases, as sometimes our local users are needing to use those computers.
While I would be inclined to do that, we a.) don't have an SMB TAC support plan, and b.) think that a decently-performing web interface is literally about the bare minimum of what should be reasonably expected from a $200 router. "Pay for our support option because we decided to ship a broken product!" is entirely the wrong attitude here.
nope! although the interface is slow it doesn't seem to be affecting the functionality.
i believe others need to chime in stating they have the same issue and cisco will correct the issue.
I thought i was the only one experiencing this until your post since it hasn't been mentioned at all
Today I decided to reconfigure my aging router (because reasons) and turned off https. After some trouble shooting in Firefox to "forget" the https cached urls, I discovered that the console window was full of insecure security warnings related to the continued use of sha1 based encryption in the routers certificate. These log entries were in the hundred at least, being reported for every gif, shim and js request made to the router via https.
Once I had turned off https access, and got around the url caching in firefox (and used chrome), the web interface was as snappy as the day I bought the router. Hope this helps those of us without gobs of cash to spend on support!