Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Rv340

Jojix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I need help with our Cisco RV 340 which is not booting after I've set the Automatic update for the new firmware. Power LED is blinking together with the LAN1 LED. I can not access to the default IP 192.168.1.1. How can I solve with this issue? Any help would be great. 

3 Replies 3

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,
My name is Rozana and i am an engineer from the SMB team.

The power LED flashing, means that the device is booting up.
An error could have occur during the firmware download and upgrade which probably crashed the router.
This is why I usually recommend to our customer to disable the auto-update, and update manually.

What you can do to try and recover the Router:
You can try to press the reset button for 30 sec and see if that will reset the device and it will boot up properly.
If that doesn't help, please restart the RV and try to recover the software image.
This is done by downloading the latest firmware from our website and downloading TFTPD32.
Then try to upload the latest firmware, via the tftp client tab.

If you need assistance with the procedure, you can contact our line and open a service request.

Regards.

Hi Rozana,

30-sec reset doesn't help, I've tried also 30-30-30 reset rule but it is not working on this device.

Can you please provide me the procedure on how to upload the firmware using the TFTPD32?

Regards,

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I searched our database, but the tftpd procedure was not yet published.
However I've attached a guide on the process.

This router also has a fallback mechanism.
The procedure is uploaded here, so please go through it :
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Release_Note/RV34xx_relnote_v1_001_17.pdf

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please call our SMB support line to ask for a warranty replacement.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: