cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV340W block wan connection

leobosack
Level 1
Level 1

router Cisco RV340W dual wan, the firmware is the latest 1.0.03.24, 2 providers are connected, the Internet works in 2 local networks, everything is separate, everything is OK, each locale has its own white ip
when applying any IPv4 rule in the firewall (Firewall-Access Rules-IPv4 Access Rules Table), all active connections are always drop for a couple of seconds through all wan ports. is this how it should be? such a feature of the firewall?

5 Replies 5

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

try by doing either of the below:

1. under WAN/MultiWAN section for each wan interface (1 & 2), edit and disable "Network Service Detection" feature completely

- and then each time do a apply and then do a permanent save to startup config (in Administration/Configuration Mgmnt)

OR

2. Go to the NSD gui page as mentioned above for each wan1 & wan2 interface AND

- instead of the present default setting of "Default Route/Gateway", set it to Remote-Host and give value of 8.8.8.8....

- 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 are public DNS servers of Google...and they are always UP and reachable on internet...

Do a apply and a permanent save AND 

Reboot the router ONCE after either of the above changes (and after a permanent save)

Note: Additionally, it may also be becos of dns-resolutions failing intermittently...so for both wan interfaces, try by setting the dns1/dns2 to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.....

- and in your dhcp-server configured for lan-hosts, check with selecting "Use Dns-Proxy".

Network Service Detection is disable now

the failure may be due to the upnp off? 

leobosack
Level 1
Level 1

when I add my tcp ports in System Configuration-Service Management-Service Table all active connections are also drop for a couple of seconds through all wan ports. maybe it's a firmware bug like this?

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

yes it is a firewall service bug for sure. It looks like the firewall-service is getting reloaded (and therefore the existing connections are also kind of flushed...resulting in connection re-transmission) for every new rules-entry done...its definitely a bug

leobosack
Level 1
Level 1

so I will wait for the new firmware