cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV345 - IPSec Profile

tylerv
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering if anyone knows what the Global IPSec enable does on this router. Looks like it was release as a new feature in firmware 1.0.03.15 but I can't seem to find any documentation on it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sir,

My name is Puneet Sandel and I am from Cisco small business technical support center.

As per your query related to Global IPSec, If it is disabled, it prevents port scanning the router's public IP address and it’s ability to identify open ports.

If one does not want to use IPSec service (for VPN) then he/she can disable Global IPSec. Once it is disabled, all IPSec ports are closed by the router and IPSec service cannot be used. This is only for Site to site and Client to site VPN which use IPSec and specific IPSec ports (50.51,500,450,60443 etc).

So if you want to use any of the above mention VPNs, Global IPSec needs to be enabled.

Note: Please mark this post as the solution as the query has been answered.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sir,

My name is Puneet Sandel and I am from Cisco small business technical support center.

As per your query related to Global IPSec, If it is disabled, it prevents port scanning the router's public IP address and it’s ability to identify open ports.

If one does not want to use IPSec service (for VPN) then he/she can disable Global IPSec. Once it is disabled, all IPSec ports are closed by the router and IPSec service cannot be used. This is only for Site to site and Client to site VPN which use IPSec and specific IPSec ports (50.51,500,450,60443 etc).

So if you want to use any of the above mention VPNs, Global IPSec needs to be enabled.

Note: Please mark this post as the solution as the query has been answered.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel