Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP 527W questions

hawkwind666
Level 1
Level 1

Hello i have a few questions on the cisco srp 527w router

Firstly does it have a built in modem

second question is where do i get firmware updates for it.

please dont link me to the user manual as i have read it and cant find the relevent info.

thanks for any replys

william

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi William:

To answer your first concern, this router supports ADSL2+ Annex A/M (ADSL over POTS) connection. You can also use certain 3G USB modems with this router.

You can find firmware updates in the software download center. This link should get  you right to the SRP520 series downloads, but if not just search in the first link for SRP500 series dowloads.

Hope that helps.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

William:

Yes, you are correct. The SRP527W has the ability to do an automatic WAN failover to a 3G USB modems, hence that list you saw was probably the list of 3g/usb modems it supports. Its a cool feature to have.

Best,
David

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi William:

To answer your first concern, this router supports ADSL2+ Annex A/M (ADSL over POTS) connection. You can also use certain 3G USB modems with this router.

You can find firmware updates in the software download center. This link should get  you right to the SRP520 series downloads, but if not just search in the first link for SRP500 series dowloads.

Hope that helps.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks David so that is adsl over Plain Old Telephone Service then (pots)

which i take it to be normal through the phone broadband internet (copper wires) ie like AOL or BT etc

What threw me was a list of supported modems and the 3G USB Modem

Anyway also thanks for the very fast reply and the firmware link

regards

william

William:

Yes, you are correct. The SRP527W has the ability to do an automatic WAN failover to a 3G USB modems, hence that list you saw was probably the list of 3g/usb modems it supports. Its a cool feature to have.

Best,
David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: