Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP527w can't find User Management tab

ronald.cruz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me? I just bought a new Cisco SRP527w and I'm just new on this kind of equipment. I can't locate the user management tab as I'm trying to change the default password.

Also, I can't acess the internet. My dsl modem rj45 is connected  to the WAN/LAN port with IP Static settings. What did I missed here? your help is much appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ronald, if you are clicking all other tabs and it still seems to only be the set up wizard, you need to change your internet browser. Try Firefox or IE. This should resolve that.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

If you don't have the PPP username and password, then your only option (if you really need to use the SRP for something that the DSL router can't do), is to connect using Ethernet and route between the DSL router and the SRP networks.

1. Use admin/switch settings to disable the SRP DSL Interface

2. Connect SRP LAN port 4 (now in WAN mode) to the LAN of the DSL router.

3. Configure static IP address on SRP WAN interface in DSL router LAN subnet

4. Disable NAT on the SRP

5. Create static routes on the DSL router for the SRP subnets

6. Create port forwarding rules on the DSL router for the SRP services that you wish to use.

....but unless there really is something quite specific you need to use the SRP for, it would most likely be easier to just use the ISP modem/router.

Andy

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Ronald,

Here are a couple of screen shots from my SRP527W.  I just upgraded the firmware to the current release.

I logged on with Administrator rights using the  login=admin and password=admin.

Just looked at the quick start guide  and it shows cisco and cisco, which doesn't give you admin rights.

I think in the past, I must admit i checked out the Administrative Guide for how to get administrator rights.

The SRP527 can connect directly to the DSL network in place of the DSL modem. 

please note the pinkish colour DSL port on the back of the SRP527W.

regards Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I'm stuck on Quick Setup (WAN setup option), even go to any tabs. could you please guide me through the installation? The ISP gave me an IP address w/subnet mask and dns. So I configure it as Static IP. below are some images of my configuration.

thanks in advance!

Hi Ronald, if you are clicking all other tabs and it still seems to only be the set up wizard, you need to change your internet browser. Try Firefox or IE. This should resolve that.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Excellent Tom! It works on IE browser. Thanks!

My problem now is my configuration on the router, it says that I need to check my WAN subinterface config. see diagram below. Thanks!

Good morning Ronald Cruz

As the message says, you have to check your Wan Subinterface Config.Here i leave a manual, you can find the Wan configuration on page 21.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/srp520_series/srp521w/administration/srp500_admin.pdf

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thanks for the advise Johnathan. I still get the "WAN Subinterface  config error". could you guys help me or guide me on the configuration?  below are the images of my router config.

Many thanks!

Ronald, if you're bridging the unit you need to PPPoE relay then disable DHCP for the port on the VLAN.

-Tom

Hi Tom,

My plan is to use the Cisco SRP527 as our office router connected to the ISP modem with a public IP gave by the ISP provider. could you help me setup this? Thanks in advance.                                  

Hi Ronald,

There seems to be a little confusion between what you are asking for and what we are seeing in your screen shots.

Are you planning to replace the ISP modem with the SRP, or connect the SRP to the ISP modem?  You state above that you want to connect to the ISP modem (which would typically imply an Ethernet connection to the SRP), but some of your screenshots clearly show that the SRP is directly connected to the ADSL line.

Either way is fine with the SRP, we just need to be clear which you need and is supported by your ISP.

Please provide a small diagram of what you need - that sometimes helps.  Please also let us know who your ISP is - that way we can take a look at their preferred settings.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andrew, Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Im confused, as I'd tried already what config would work for me, but still no luck.

Actually my plan is to use the SRP as a router and not to replace the ISP modem.

My  ISP provider is BAYAN DSL. They only provided me a Static IP and DNS to  use. Below is my small diagram of what i need to do on my network.

Thanks for your help Andrew.

Hi Ronald,

In this case, I would be inclined to suggest that you try to use the SRP in place of the Bayan modem - this may be easier than managing the modem configuration to get traffic to and from the SRP efficiently.  It's really your choice though at the end of the day.

If you replace the modem with the SRP, try the following (I referred to the following post for information):

1. Delete the second ADSL PVC you had configured above,
  2. Edit the configuration of the first PVC (PVC0) and select:
    1. Encapsulation = PPPoE
    2. Username is your BayanDSL username with @sod at the end (i.e. myusername@sod)
    3. Password is you BayanDSL password.
    4. Set your VPI/VCI manually to 8 and 33 (or possibly 8/35 as you had before).

This should be enough.  The IP address that Bayan has assigned for you should be assigned automatically during PPP initiation.

If this doesn't work, then it may be that your service is bound to the modem you have.

Andy

I already spoke with the BAYAN tech support but they can only provide me the Static IP.

If you don't have the PPP username and password, then your only option (if you really need to use the SRP for something that the DSL router can't do), is to connect using Ethernet and route between the DSL router and the SRP networks.

1. Use admin/switch settings to disable the SRP DSL Interface

2. Connect SRP LAN port 4 (now in WAN mode) to the LAN of the DSL router.

3. Configure static IP address on SRP WAN interface in DSL router LAN subnet

4. Disable NAT on the SRP

5. Create static routes on the DSL router for the SRP subnets

6. Create port forwarding rules on the DSL router for the SRP services that you wish to use.

....but unless there really is something quite specific you need to use the SRP for, it would most likely be easier to just use the ISP modem/router.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I followed your steps 1 to 3 and enable the NAT on SRP  and it's working now. Thanks for your help Andy and also to Tom,  Jonathan and Dave. Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: