cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP527W PPP auth failing - odd debug

David Williams
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to evaluate the SRP527W as a dsl cpe device and I'm having trouble getting PPP to authenticate.  This may be compounded by the fact that I have a colleague configuring the 527 on his dsl connection and I'm working on this remote.  I will try to remedy that with a little webex magic this week.

So the basic situation is this.  My colleague has an existing connection that works fine and has been for well over a year.  Currently he is using a cpe device from another vendor and it functions without issue.  He has configured the Cisco 527W with all the appropriate PPP and DSL settings but he is failing to authenticate.  He has double checked his username and password but he continues to fail to authenticate.  This is the relevant debug output from the 7206 that terminates his DSL connection.  Everything works fine up until this point.  Efforts to find information on that Huntgroup-Name line have not been very successful.  I feel like we are missing something simple but I'm not sure what.  I'm confident we will discover the problem but I was hoping the community here could save me some precious time.

Does anyone have any thoughts or seen something similar?

045728: Feb  3 14:23:47.933 CDT: ppp321 PAP: O AUTH-NAK id 2 len 43 msg is "%u found in %{Hint:-%{Huntgroup-Name}}"

045729: Feb  3 14:23:47.933 CDT: ppp321 PPP DISC: User failed PAP authentication

Thanks,

Dave

1 Reply 1

David Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Just bumping the post.  I'm working on pulling back my resources so that I can take a closer look.