cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP541W

Joel Fox
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening - I have created an IPSEC VPN tunnel using a Cisco ASA5520 (corporate) to a Cisco SRP541W (remote). The corporate subnet is 10.1.0.0/16, and the remote subnet is 192.168.1.0/24.  From the remote subnet, I can ping anything on the 10.1.0.0 corporate network, but I cannot ping from the corporate network to the remote subnet. At first I thought this was something obvious, perhaps an incorrect acl or something easy on the corporate firewall. However, we have several other vpn tunnels established, all set up the same, and they work just fine. After looking at it a bit more closely, if I ping the remote subnet I see the hit counter increment by one each time, which leads me to believe that traffic is in fact being routed properly.

Now I'm thinking that something in the remote SRP541W that is not allowing icmp traffic, but I can't find it anywhere. To be honest I have never used this type of firewall before, they have all been Cisco PIX501/506e and ASA5500 models.  I know there is a lot of information missing, but I am looking to see if anyone else has encountered this issue with this specific model, SRP541W. Any help is greatly appreciated, I can get more in depth if needed.

2 Replies 2

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joel,

By default there is not a setting on the SRP541W that will stop the ICMP traffic across the VPN tunnel.  I will try and lab this up today to see if I can help find an answer for you.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joel,

I was able to complete a VPN tunnel between the ASA running 8.4 and the SRP541W on the latest firmware.  I was not able to ping the SRP541W or manage it remotely from the ASA side.  However I could reach all of the computers behind the SRP via ping and RDP.  I would suggest that you open up a case with Cisco Small Business to troubleshoot the issue you are seeing further.  When you do please reference this post so that they can attach it to the case.

It looks like this issue of not being able to connect to the SRP541W via IPSec is a known issue:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3728460#3728460

Thank you,

Jason Nickle