cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Support, Will Pay

snarf-paul
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a SOHO office web server. The server is directly connected to my CISCO 877M router. I am trying to use CISCO Configuration Professional 2.5 or CISCO Configuration Assistant to configure the router but have run into problems and the limit of my knowledge.

Currently when typing in the intended domain name of my server, the router is asking for login credentials to enter the router itself rather than forward the traffic to the web server...  Can anyone please suggest one of the following:

* Is there a good step by step guide for performing advanced configuration of the CISCO router using CISCO Configuration Professional suitable for novice users?

* Can someone recommend a good contractor / agency who could provide a decent fixed price to complete the configuration for me? It should only be an hours work for someone who knows what they're doing.  I have all the necessary information (for obvious reasons won't post here).

* If someone from CISCO is reading this post, could you please email me directly with a price to complete the configuration?

Background:

I bought the router from my ISP who have since shown absolutely no interest in helping me with software upgrades or configuration.  Also, I cannot obtain free support from CISCO because the device was not purchased direct from them.  IMHO this highlights a major issue with CISCO's current small business model for small business owners.  I have been extremely frustrated trying to get this router to do a very basic network topology.  I am not expert enough to do the configuration myself and am prepared to pay to have the job finished once and for all.  I am so frustrated with my ISP who sold me the router I am prepared to name and shame them to CISCO.

0 Replies 0