Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure Tunnel in RV082

mohamed.irfan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am trying to create a Client to gateway tunnel in RV082.

I filled all the information except the remote client setup. In remote client setup, I am not sure of the IP which I should fill. If I select IP by DNS resolved, I am not sure of the DNS address which I should fill. The IP of the remote user will keep on changing according to their ISP. Right?

Kindly help with this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello and thank you for your reply.

If you are trying to configure QuickVPN on the router then you DO NO NEED to configure anything on the client to gateway part as that is for other, third party Clients.

The requirements to configure QuickVPN are as follows:

1- Make sure you have a public IP address on your router. Verify by going to your system summary and checking the IP address fro WAN 1 (or Wan 2).

2- It is highly recommended that your router is on a different subnet than the default 192.168.1.X to prevent conflicts when users are trying to connect.

3- Create a VPN accounts by going to VPN, VPN client access.

4- Make sure that you are not port forwarding ports 443 or 60443 as they are used for the connection.

This is it, no more configuration and you should be able to get connected.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I'm sorry you are having issues with your device.

Can you please let me know what is the end goal? Why are you setting ip the Client to gateway? What Client VPN software are you planning to use? Have you considered using the PPTP or QuickVPN clients? Neither ones of those will require for you to configure the client to gateway section.

Please let us know.

Hi ,

Using PPTP, only 5 users can access VPN. Using Quick VPN client, 50 users can access VPN. I am trying to create a client to gateway tunnel and connect to my network using any VPN client(ex. greenbow). Am i missing something here?

Hi Mohamed,

My name is Mehdi from Cisco Technical support, I prepare already  a document how to configure ShrewVPN with RV0xx.

Please let me know if you have any question, Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers 

Thanks

Mehdi

Hi Mehdi,

Thank you for the document. What am I supposed to fill in the place of Domain Name under remote client setup? Is it common for all as remote.com?

You can put what ever you want remote.com or your website.com most important is to have the same in shrewVPN

Thanks

Mehdi

Hi Mehdi,

I configured everything as per your document and gets attached error when trying to connect. Kindly help with this.

Hi Mohamed,

this error message can be many thing so better if you make screenshot from the configuration of Group VPN on RV082 and export the config file from shrewvpn 

so i can take a look or if you don't like to share some screenshots please give me your mail i can contact you 

thanks

Mehdi 

Hello and thank you for your reply.

If you are trying to configure QuickVPN on the router then you DO NO NEED to configure anything on the client to gateway part as that is for other, third party Clients.

The requirements to configure QuickVPN are as follows:

1- Make sure you have a public IP address on your router. Verify by going to your system summary and checking the IP address fro WAN 1 (or Wan 2).

2- It is highly recommended that your router is on a different subnet than the default 192.168.1.X to prevent conflicts when users are trying to connect.

3- Create a VPN accounts by going to VPN, VPN client access.

4- Make sure that you are not port forwarding ports 443 or 60443 as they are used for the connection.

This is it, no more configuration and you should be able to get connected.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. If I try to use Quick VPN, I get "remote gateway not responding" error. What could be the possible reason for this? I have dual WAN in load balancing mode.

Than only indicates that the QuickVPN software is not able to get to the router.