Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring RV340 for Client-toSite-VPN

fmarshall3
Level 1
Level 1

I'm reading this:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5853-create-user-group-vpn-setup-rv340-router.html entitled "Create a User Group for VPN Setup on the RV34X Router"

It starts with a list of steps to be taken for using TheGreenBow client.  Here are the steps given:

1. Create a user group on the router by following the instructions in this article.
  2. Create a User Account on the router. For instructions, click here.
  3. Create a Client-to-Site Profile on the router. To learn how, click here.
  4. Configure an Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) Profile on the router. To learn how, click here.

I'm having all kinds of trouble with this.  The first question is:
"Are these 4 steps supposed to be performed in order or just randomly?"  
If one works in User Groups on the RV340, there is a final step with a Select a Profille pulldown.  Except for a default selection, it's empty.  Doesn't that imply that IPSec Profiles might come first?  Is that the intent?

I just want to start from scratch with a clean slate and get the router VPN set up.  But it appears I don't know where they expect one to begin in making settings.

The User Groups Table implies that User Names preceide Groups...?  Sounds logical but not how it's presented here.

One cannot delete a User group in the User Groups page - although the trashcan is there!!  :-(

How does a successful VPN setup proceed?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: