cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Voice VLAN on SG350 with 4G internet router

arif.shaikh1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure voice vlan on cisco sg250 POE switch which is connected to 4g router. If I don't use any vlan both data and ip phone works fine, but when I create voice vlan 100 either data or ip phone don't work. I want both should be working. 

Here what I did,

Connected iphone to port 1 and then uses network port on the phone to connect the pc.

Connected port 25 to router.

If I untag port 25- ip phone works but PC does not work.

If I setup port 25 to Excluded - iPhone does not work but PC work.

I have little knowledge of cisco switches and just following commands from documentation to make it working. So far I configured 8 switch and they work fine with current ISP managed cisco router. Now we are moving  our data services to different ISP and want  to test the ip phone setup with cisco switches to make sure they should work with new ISP. At the moment, all the routers are configured to issue different IP to ip phones and PCs. But with Netcomm router there is no such feature, so I just want to use same ip for both PC and ip phones.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It will be better to use a separate VLAN and IP pool for voice traffic. Please use tagged traffic for voice VLAN and untagged for data VLAN traffic. On the IP Phone connected port in switch, please use ‘Trunk’ mode; allow the data VLAN as untagged and voice VLAN as tagged.

And regarding that third party router settings, you may check with your ISP or the Router vendor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: